VisionSAFE Exhibitor FAQs
- Vision Expo West has adopted several exhibitor best practices based on industry standards. By taking advantage of these recommendations, your organization will help ensure a safer experience for all attendees and customers. Please note that these recommendations may be revised and supplemented to ensure compliance with state, local and venue requirements. The Exhibitor Manual will be updated periodically to provide clear guidance on recommendations and requirements for Exhibitors. The following guidelines will help in the planning of your booth space:
- Space Layout & Design: Keep physical distancing in mind when creating your booth layout - maximize physical distance between exhibitor staff and visitors to the extent possible and consider occupancy guidelines
- Hand Sanitizer: Hand sanitizer with a minimum of 60% alcohol is required to be available within every exhibit booth
- One-Way Traffic: For larger island and peninsula booths it is recommended to establish one-way traffic flow with marked entrances and exits
- Throughput: Control the scale, size and timing of meetings or gatherings within your space; avoid creating crowds
- Dividers: Transparent dividers may be utilized in areas where people will be in close contact. These are available through Freeman.
- Reduce Contact: Consider touchless (electronic and digital) alternatives to engagement, collateral material, and giveaways
- Signage: Incorporate signage promoting health and safety best practices and any requirements associated with your space
- Increased Cleaning: Plan for cleaning of spaces and high-touch products or surfaces throughout the day; regularly sanitize surfaces and items with appropriate cleaning products
- Promotional Materials: Consider individually packaged promotional materials
- Hospitality: Contact your Vision Expo West Sales Representative to discuss any proposed hospitality offerings in your booth and ensure they comply with the venue’s requirements
- To calculate the recommended occupancy of a booth at any given time (in accordance with CDC Guidelines for physical distancing), divide the gross square footage of the booth by 28.3 (sq ft). This calculation equates to no more than 3 people in a 100 sq ft (10x10) booth.
- Exhibitors have the option to purchase carpet for their booths.
- Vision Expo West will not be carpeting our aisles or the Vision Café to aid in daily cleaning.
- No, however, exhibitors may utilize plexiglass barriers at their discretion, particularly when appropriate distance can’t be maintained between the exhibitor and guest. Plexiglass barriers are available for rent through our general contractor. Please see our exhibitor manual for more information.
- Yes, there will be hand sanitizer stations throughout the show floor.
- It is required that exhibitors have alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol available within their booths.
- Any product (including display trays and merchandise) that has been handled should be sanitized with a cleaning product of your choosing.
- We advise that exhibitors factor in time for frequent disinfection between customers.
- You can purchase professional cleaning services from SES for your booth. Please see our Exhibitor Manual for more information.
- Yes, however, exhibitors are encouraged to minimize touchpoints whenever possible - for example, designate an individual to hand out promotional items and catalogs or use a rack instead of piles or bowls. In addition, consider individually packaged promotional materials.
- Yes, however, exhibitors are discouraged from consuming personal food when customers are present. Concessions will be available in the show hall and several different food options will be available. Tables and seating will be distanced and sanitized frequently throughout the show days.
- Vision Expo West will have wider aisles, increased staff, including Safety Ambassadors who will monitor and assist with compliance with the health and safety guidelines, dedicated entrances and exits and hand sanitizing stations throughout the show floor. For more information about how we are promoting a safe and comfortable environment at ISC West, please see our VisionSAFE Information page.
- Everyone is expected to fully comply with all health and safety guidelines. Acknowledging the guidelines and agreeing to comply is a requirement of entry (See the Health & Safety Acknowledgement). Vision Expo West will have specially designated Safety Ambassadors walking the show floor to assist with the implementation of our guidelines. A Health & Safety Contact phone number will be clearly noted on signage throughout Vision Expo West to allow for reporting of any concerns or issues.
- All exhibitors will be asked to provide a back-up contact in the event that they are ill or unable to come to the show. The back-up contact will be responsible for staffing or arranging for staffing if the primary contact is unavailable. The alternate contact must produce a valid ID or Passport, which matches the name on file, in order to collect the product. In the event that neither the exhibitor or back-up contact is able to enter the show floor due to illness or quarantine, Vision Expo West Management can be reached by contacting the Health & Safety Contact phone number posted throughout the show.
- Yes. Effective July 30, 2021, Nevada adopted the updated CDC Mask Guidance. At this time, everyone at Vision Expo West is expected to comply with our Health and Safety Requirements and local laws, including wearing an approved face covering at all times when indoors at the Venetian Expo & Convention Center.
Management may remove, ban or revoke the badge without refund of anyone who fails to comply or impacts the safety or security of the Event, each in Management’s sole and absolute discretion.
For more details on approved face coverings, please click here.
- There is a medical spa at the Grand Canal Shoppes – REVIV – that offers PCR testing (not rapid testing). Neither Vision Expo West, RX or the Venetian Resort are affiliated with this site. Anyone wishing to make an appointment or to obtain further information should do so by calling REVIV directly at 702-600-0521 or by visiting their website: https://revivme.com/clinics/las-vegas-the-venetian/
For nearby testing locations, it is best to check with the facility directly to ensure that they are still testing and that the necessary test type is offered. As of 8/2/2021, the following test sites are the closest to the Venetian Resort (both require a car ride):
Elite Medical Center – 150 E. Harmon Avenue – 702-546-0911
CVS Pharmacy – 4490 Paradise Road – 702-696-7126
Additional testing sites can be found via the Nevada Health Response Website. The Sands Expo address is:
Sands Expo Convention Center
201 Sands Avenue
Las Vegas, Nevada, 89169
- The Venetian Resort and Sands Expo & Convention Center have guidelines in place to keep their guests, employees, and community safe during scheduled trade shows, conventions, and events. For more information and details, please visit: