At Vision Expo West and all Reed Exhibitions events, your health and safety is our top priority. As part of this commitment, we’ve taken proactive steps and implemented new guidelines and policies to help support a safe experience. Everyone in attendance, including customers, vendors and staff, are expected to comply with our health and safety requirements.
Health + Safety Requirements
Everyone is required to wear a face covering while attending Vision Expo West. For more details and requirements about face coverings, please click here.
Everyone attending Vision Expo West will be required to undergo a temperature screening prior to entering. Anyone with a temperature above 100.4 degrees (F) will not be permitted entry to Vision Expo West.
INCREASED SANITIZATION AND HYGIENE
Reed Exhibitions works with each venue to implement sanitization standards. It is the responsibility of everyone to maintain personal hygiene, including washing your hands frequently.
We have adjusted our layout and provided exhibitor guidelines to promote physical distancing. Please help us maintain a safe environment for all attendees by part maintaining a distance of 6ft (2 meters) between you and others.
DIRECTIONAL AND DISTANCE MARKINGS
Please follow all floor and distance markings when present.
FOLLOW ALL SIGNAGE AND DIRECTION FROM STAFF
Operational adjustments may occur throughout the event in order to ensure the health and safety of all attendees. Please adhere to all signage and direction from all staff.
GREET WITHOUT SHAKING HANDS
Please observe social distancing guidelines when greeting others, avoid handshakes and hugs.
Reed Exhibitions and Vision Expo West are committed to upholding the health & safety standards outlined on this page across our 2021 events - additional details about policies and procedures will be posted here as they are made available. To read more about our efforts to ensure Health & Safety at Reed Exhibitions in the new normal, please click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Yes, everyone attending Vision Expo West will be required to undergo a temperature screening via a contactless, infrared thermometer prior to entering. Anyone with a temperature above 100.4 (F) degrees will not be permitted entry to Vision Expo West and will be directed as necessary to receive additional medical assessment.
- Temperature screening (conducted by a third party vendor) is located in the West A Lobby on Level 1 within the West Concourse of the Orange County Convention Center (OCCC). This is your first stop when arriving at the venue for each day you are attending Vision Expo East. Different colored stickers will be issued daily to each person to confirm to security they have passed the temperature screening. No individual will be allowed to enter the exhibit hall or meeting rooms without the proper show badge and accompanying colored sticker for the day. Our Health and Safety Acknowledgement and COVID-19 protocols apply to everyone at the show – exhibitors, attendees, vendors, staff and partners.
- Reed Exhibitions partners closely with all venues, local, state, and federal health authorities to maintain a robust operational plan designed to maximize the health and safety of everyone. These measures include:
- Required face coverings
- Strict sanitization and cleaning procedures
- Hand sanitizing stations
- Temperature screenings for all staff, vendors, and exhibitors
- Layout design and spaces that promote physical distancing
- Exhibitor guidelines and booth design standards
- Reduced contact transactions
- Protective plexiglass barriers at transaction points
- Reduced capacity in Conference Program rooms
The Venetian Resort and Sands Expo & Convention Center maintains an extensive health & safety plan for all events, including Vision Expo West. For more information and details, please visit:
- The Venetian Resort and Sands Expo & Convention Center have guidelines in place to keep their guests, employees, and community safe during scheduled trade shows, conventions, and events. For more information and details, please visit:
- ·Everyone is expected to fully comply with all health and safety guidelines. Acknowledging the guidelines and agreeing to comply is a requirement of entry (See the Health & Safety Acknowledgement). Vision Expo West will have specially designated Safety Stewards walking the show floor to ensure all guidelines are being followed. All violations of the guidelines will be addressed by Safety Stewards, security and/or event staff as soon as practicable following observation/notification of non-compliance. A Health & Safety Contact phone number will be clearly noted on signage throughout Vision Expo West to allow for reporting of any concerns or issues.
- More info coming soon.
- Yes. Vision Expo West has a Contactless Greeting policy. Please do not shake hands, hug, or engage in other forms of physical contact within the venue.
- Review our Health and Safety Acknowledgement each day to ensure you can comply prior to arriving at the venue
- Don’t forget your face covering(s)
- Print and bring your badge! Vision Expo West badges are now print-at-home. Before the show, you will receive an email with your badge and instructions on how to print at home.
- Please be prepared for a contactless temperature screening upon entering SECC
- Starting January 26, 2021, the U.S. government will require all international airline passengers to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test before boarding flights to the U.S. We will continue to update these FAQs as more information about international travel becomes available, however, please monitor the US Department of State website and the CDC website for official guidance.